Tuesday 6 September 2016

Toad, butterfly, Fox Sparrow(20160901-02) More shots from the tracks on a couple of cloudy days.

Well the Snapper hatching watch is still on in full effect. The results have been pretty dismal so far, but "one day my day will come"! The good thing about this time of year is the Warblers are migrating through, so there is quite often something to shoot, like this young Common Yellowthroat.
Of course there are also birds that don't migrate like the mighty Chickadee.
Being as hard of hearing as I am, I don't know which song this little Flycatcher was singing. If you don't hear them, you can't tell them apart.
I did an "Eastern" swing on this day and found this tiny American Toad. The rock it is standing on is only 2 inches (5 cm) from end to end.
While butterflies are always great, this time of year they are tougher to find and photo. Here is a Common Wood Nymph.
As I strolled by one of the lakes to the East I could here an Osprey, it took me quite a while to find him, but I did.
The next day was pretty dry. But I did manage to catch this pair of Cedar Waxwings hanging on to the top of a wind swept tree.
I expect that this was their prey on this day. I don't what kind of berries these are.
The final image for this post is of what i am pretty certain is a Fox Sparrow.
Take some time and put a little "wild" in your life.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment